Software Test Engineer
“You break it to build it”.
Testing plays a critical strategic role in moving product quality upstream in the software development process, and emphasizes the customer's needs throughout the product cycle. Software test engineers work closely with software design engineers and program managers to understand product requirements and functionality, design appropriate test plans and test cases to verify features and functionalities, and then identify bugs through systematic testing. In the course of their work, test professionals also identify key business improvement opportunities and potential future projects.
All are conducted with the goal of assuring that customers receive maximum product quality.
- Develop and review test strategy and plan, while ensuring coverage of all the major software quality criteria:
- Functional testing
- Negative testing
- Customer scenario testing
- Stress testing
- Performance testing
- Scalability testing
- Regression testing
- Usability testing
- Security testing
- Carry out product testing according to test plan and team goals
- Identify product defects and track to their appropriate resolution
- Provide feedback on key user scenarios, functional and technical designs, and specifications.
- Contribute to implementation of test automation framework and tools
- Review product specifications across multiple features and contribute to design, usability, integration, quality and testability improvements early in the development process.
- Contribute to the development, identification and documentation of test tools/harnesses.
- Work directly with users to troubleshoot and answer questions about products and services.
- Attention to details, excellent communication skills and customer focus.
- Strong design and coding skills in C#.
- Able to work independently or with a team with little to no supervision.
- Thorough knowledge of test methodologies and techniques
- Familiar with Object Oriented design patterns and test-driven development
- Familiar with JUnit or NUnit
- Working experience with SVN.
- Working experience with Visual Studio 2005 or higher.
- A BS/MS degree in computer science or a related technical discipline is preferred.
Excited to share your creativity and enthusiasm in an environment where they can make a difference? Send us your resume at Careers@MotionCloud.net
MotionCloud, Inc. (Seattle Office)
12414 Highway 99 Suite 201
Everett, WA 98204, U.S.A,
MotionCloud, Inc. (Seoul Office)
Renaissance Tower Bldg. #1806,
Seoul, Korea (121-706)